Proper handwriting is taught to children from an early age, and we spend a lifetime perfecting distinctions in our own styles. Each person has his or her own unique way of writing, which can be decoded through handwriting analysis.
Graphometry is the science of determining constants in handwriting. Some specialists measure the impact of graphological aspects of writing on personality in order to analyze specific human characteristics.
PenAnalyzer is a tool that allows the collection of a wide range of graphometric characteristics in a semi-automatic way, which could then be used for further analysis. PenAnalyzer is capable of data collection both from plain text (e.g., scanned from a paper handwriting sample) and dynamic text collected using different devices.
PenAnalyzer is available to any organization involved in handwritten analysis (e.g., companies that perform psychological analysis for employment candidates, forensic or criminal analysts, profilers of missing or dead persons, law enforcement agencies, etc.). Though not capable of text analysis, PenAnalyzer can be very useful to specialists as a ‘ruler’ tool.
List of collectable characteristics
Below is the list of graphometrical characteristics that can be gathered using PenAnalyzer:
- Letter width
- Letter height
- Inclination angle of the letter
- Pen pressure*
- Input rate*
- Time delay between strokes*
- Input period*
- Input period for each stroke*
- Width of the lower loops (relative)
- Height of the lower loops (relative)
- Width of the upper loops (relative)
- Height of the upper loops (relative)
- Time delay between words*
- Input period for words*
- Pauses between words*
- Inclination angle of the pen*
- Width of the upper-case letters
- Height of the upper-case letters
- Width of the letters with descenders
- Height of the letters with descenders
- Width of the letters with accented elements
- Height of the letters with accented elements
- Position of upper-case letters
- Position of lower-case letters
- Margin size
- Line length
- Intervals between lines
- Line inclination angle
- Amount of letters
- Amount of words
- Amount of lines
- Amount of paragraphs
- Amount of pages
- Amount of strokes
This list can be customized upon request.